Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

SU2C: Change The Odds PSA


Great design for an even better cause.

I first heard of the Stand Up 2 Cancer benefit from the following Ellen Degeneres on twitter and she had tweeted the video below:



I've always had a heart for others and have tried to be active in the community and give what I can to help. But, I would definitely say that since graduating college and moving back home I have thought a lot more about the impact I want to have on society, what I want my legacy to be. Seeing this PSA was a reminder of the mortality of all of us and at the same time creating a way for us to join together and help one another. I was able to tune in on September 10th and hear more about what SU2C has been able to do with the funds raised so far and donate myself. It feels good to contribute to such a worthy cause. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who hasn't been affected by cancer or knows someone who has.

As a designer I also took notice of the design elements that I think really help draw attention to the cause. Too many times non-profits either look over the importance of a well designed brand or don't feel they can afford it. Whatever the reason these organizations suffer because branding a non-profit is just as important as branding any other business. I think that Stand Up 2 Cancer did a great job and the PSA I saw also did a great job in catching my attention. It really hit home with talking about my generation.

Check out the website at https://www.standup2cancer.org/Default.aspx

1 comment:

  1. I love their campaign! I see the PSA at the movie theater every time I see a movie and that in itself is a great place to have it shown. I wanted to watch the program, but I forgot about it, though :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...