Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Celebrating my 'ole Man

My daddy turned the big 5-0 on June 7th, so we're putting on a birthday celebration for him this Saturday. It's been kind of crazy around here since mom is up in Omaha with Henna. Long story short, Henna got a kidney stone and it did not want to come out. It's been a long process getting it out and she's been in a lot of pain. Mom went up to be with her and drive her around since she can't drive anywhere on her pain meds. So, I've been here at home taking care of dad. Nothing is wrong with him, men just have to be "taken care of." :o)
Today is going to be a SUPER busy day, as I have tons to get done. Working on finding pics of the ole man to use for a banner I am creating, then I have to go run errands and get more supplies to work on some projects for the decor of the party. Then in the mix I am meeting with a friend of mine at 5:30 to go for a walk/run. I call these walk/runs, because I don't just go off and run. First, I have to warm up with a good brisk walk and then run, then walk a little more, and then run some more. So, a walk/run. She's a good runner, so I hope I'm ready to have her push me. See, this is what happens when you can't afford a gym membership or a personal trainer, you get your friends to work your behind. Which speaking of "behinds" and my fitness, I have so far lost 40lbs. Therefore, my "behind" is looking better than it did 5 months ago, but I still have a long road ahead of me.
Okay, so back to dad and his party. I will leave with you the invite I created for this event and you'll have to stay tuned for more pics of the event. Hoping it all comes together.

My dad loves jazz, so I wanted to give the invite a "jazzy" feel. I think that comes across pretty well. And I made it as a post card so we could mail it out to those people wouldn't be running into. I've been getting good responses to it, so that's exciting.

Oh, and last night dad and I went over to my Grammy and Papa's house where this shindig will be taking place to get some pictures of my dad in his younger years and also to get some last minute measurements of the back patio area. I go outside and start taking measurements and the tape measure must have gotten fed up with me or something because it snapped back and cut my middle finger on my right hand wide open. It was a clean cut right there on the top. I remember looking at it right after it happened and thinking, "Wow, that's deep." Don't worry, I wasn't a baby about it. I put pressure on it immediately. Went inside and ran some cold water over it and calmly asked for some help. No tears, no whining. I did tell dad that it was his fault because if he had been out sooner to help me, this probably would not have happened... but I wasn't a baby. Anyway, we got it all wrapped up and since i was such a clean cut it looks like it will heal pretty well and because of it's location there will be no stitches. And of course the humor of it being on my middle finger is not lost on me. Oh, the irony.

Peace Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...