Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

just and ad?


It wasn't the first time I had gotten lost in time scrolling through and watching Nike ads. If you know me at all... you know I am a tad bit OBSESSED with NIKE!!! Nike everything.

This time I was viewing all of the "Find Your Greatness" videos when I began to watch the "Jogger." Within seconds I was frozen. Sucked in. Grasping on to every word.

At the end of that minute and three seconds I wiped away the tears that had fallen down my face and smiled.

That kid was me. I didn't start running. On the journey to find my greatness I took many (many) steps and those steps often looked like walking... or shuffling. I found my greatness, not someone else's. It has it's own look and the steps to get there were all their own. And that journey continues every day.


I just hope that somewhere on this journey I have the opportunity to work for/with Nike. This "brand" has been such a positive influence in my life and on my journey that I want to be a part of that for others. At the end of this... "ad," I was clearly touched by how accurately it had captured a piece of me but what I was really thinking was, "That's what I want to do." I want to be a part of changing people's lives. I want to create something that encourages, motivates and inspires others to live their best lives!

The advertising/marketing world is flooded with crap. It can be very discouraging. But, there are some gems and this is what I want to do. This is what I want to be a part of. An ad that is more than an ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...