Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hindsight is 20/20

I think that in life we have all learned that hindsight is 20/20. Even now at my young age of 23 I can look back on my life and be so thankful that I did not get everything I wanted, prayed, and hoped so much for. I even have to wonder what ever possessed me to want some of those things so badly, be it a fashion (Doc Martins, those horrid monster shoes) or a boy (I won't list off all of those, but let's just say my taste was not always that great), they just weren't even worth my time. But, through all of that you live, you make mistakes, and you learn. As Maya Angelou says, "When you know better, you do better."

I'm sure everyone is familiar with this first song that reflects on this topic of being thankful for "Unanswered Prayers," by Garth Brooks. Then the next two are more recent songs with this theme. I love the line from "Blessing" that says, "And what if the troubles of this life are your mercies in disguise," because how often do we think of our troubles in that kind of light. Finally, Beyonce wraps it up with "Best Thing I Never Had," which might as well be an anthem that I am sure we would all love to share with some 'people from our past.' It's like, thank goodness I didn't get stuck with you, but man you sure did miss out on me.

So, enjoy the songs and reflect on all your "blessings in disguise."

Garth Brooks - "Unanswered Prayers"


Laura Story - "Blessing"


Beyonce - "Best Thing I Never Had"

(Sorry about the barely there clothing at the beginning of this video, I promise it gets better. Just close your eyes and listen to the lyrics.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...