Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Young Adults Group

I was asked to help head up the Young Adults group at my church. This has not been an easy task at all. We are definitely still working out the kinks and trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. This generation is very difficult to reach and a tricky age range. There is such an enormous range of differences and life experiences from an 18 year old to a 30 year old and yet, somehow we have to make it work. How do you create a place for a married mother of two to hang out with an freshman in college?

I have been extremely frustrated with the lack of attendance to events. When I talk with people they say they want something to do, an opportunity to meet other people and yet I can't get them to show up. It's a very tricky group we are working with here. Just praying we can find our niche and get something consistent going.

I did this poster for our launch event and had them printed off in all the different colors to help catch people's attention around the church.

We created a Facebook group to be able to put information out to people while we work on getting a page on the church's website. Created this piece to be the picture for the group. I also wanted to kind of set the look and feel for the group and I think this is more of the direction I want to take the rest of the material I create for events. It has a youthful feeling, while not coming across like something for the Youth Group. Also, I am in love with Letterpress and this has that feel to it.

Now, doesn't this look fun? Who doesn't love a festive Christmas Party with a bunch of Tacky Sweaters? I'm excited.

It was fun to just design some stuff for fun and it gave me an excuse to download some new typefaces that I thought were pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...